Robbiate (Co) 1905 – Milano 1977
Born in 1905, in 1916 he moved with his family to Milan, where he got his degree in Architecture at Politecnico (1929) and began working in the office of Gio Ponti and Emilio Lancia. In 1931 he opened his own professional studio, in which Franca Helg and after Antonio Piva, entered into partnership. Since 1949 he taught in the Universities of Venice, Turin and Milan. He was a member of the CIAM (Congresso Internazionale di Architettura Moderna) and the INU (Istituto Nazionale di Urbanistica), an academic of S. Luca, an honorary partner of the AIA
(American Institute of Architects) and a member of the Scientific Institute of CNR.
He partecipated in numerous congresses, conferences and international commissions on the theme of modern museum-planning. After the war, he mostly concerned with the setting up of museums and public transport sector, archieving, among others, with Franca Helg, the stations of Line 1 of Metropolitana Milanese – subway stations (Compasso d’Oro 1964).